The Paragon BlueBird XL has a new and improved ceramic fiber roof and firing chamber, thicker doors with new gaskets, heavier mandrel holders, and a stainless steel control panel.
The BlueBird XL is a dream kiln for the glass bead enthusiast. This 20” wide, 8” deep kiln safely anneals glass to prevent breakage during cooling. With your own Paragon annealing kiln, you will never again worry about stress fractures in your glass.
The kiln opens doorways of opportunity in beadmaking. The 10” wide double doors give a total of 20” width for inserting bead rods. This kiln is ideal for seminar teachers. It is like having two kilns in one.
The user-friendly 3-key Sentry Xpress digital controller maintains the annealing temperature. Program it for the length of time desired. Adjust the cooling rate through the annealing range. The controller is packed with features but is user friendly.
Improved ceramic fiber firing chamber
The BlueBird XL features new sinusoidal “wavy” elements, which are embedded close to the inner surface of the high-tech, vacuum-formed ceramic fiber top. This is an improvement over our earlier embedded coiled elements, because the “wavy” elements are mounted closer to the surface. This enables the elements to radiate heat faster for longer element life. The ceramic fiber top reduces dust inside the kiln.
The BlueBird XL now features ceramic fiber walls and bottom, which replace the firebrick walls and bottom of earlier kilns. The BlueBird XL, with its space-age ceramic fiber, heats faster than ever.
Improved double doors with gaskets
Both doors are 3 1/2” x 10” and mounted in a 4 1/4” high opening. The 3/4” gap under the doors is filled by flexible, high temperature door gaskets, which help to hold in heat. The 2” thick ceramic fiber doors are twice the thickness of our original doors. The hinges are continuous across the top for extra longevity.
Bead mandrel holders
The kiln comes with one single and one double mandrel holder. The single holder supports rods or mandrels from one point; the double cradles the rods at two points. The holders are held to the kiln by magnets so you can adjust the height. They are sturdy and heavy duty for long life.
Rare-earth magnets hold doors open or closed
Rare-earth magnets hold the doors closed while the kiln is heating to annealing temperature. Phenolic knobs on the door handles stay cool to the touch. Use the switch on the front panel to turn off power to the controller when the kiln is not in use and to reboot the controller when needed.
We have added a glass rod warmer to the top of the kiln. Pre-heating the glass rods saves production time.
The steel base supports the kiln in two layers. The upper steel base supports and strengthens the firing chamber; the lower steel base covers the entire kiln bottom where it rests on your worktable. Electrical components are mounted to the lower base, away from the heat.
The Sentry Xpress digital controller is mounted under the kiln in an ergonomically sloped panel for easy operation. The design saves table space over kilns with a side switch box. The built-in base stays cool even during extended hold times for the long life of the electrical system. It is slotted to dissipate heat and comes with mar-proof plastic feet.
The BlueBird XL plugs into a standard household outlet. The kiln ships by convenient UPS/FedEx. It ships in a special carton with vacuum-formed padding to assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
And, of course, the BlueBird XL is made in Mesquite, Texas to exacting standards.
Features of the BlueBird XL
- 3-key digital Sentry Xpress controller
- 2 – 3 1/2” high doors with flexible high temperature gasket
- Rare-earth magnets hold the doors open or closed
- The firing chamber is 8” deep measured with doors closed; 10” deep measured with doors open
- ceramic fiber firing chamber for rapid heating
- 2” thick ceramic fiber doors with flexible gaskets
- Mandrel holders attach to the kiln with magnets
- 1500°F maximum temperature
- Ceramic fiber roof with embedded elements
- Mar-proof plastic feet
- On-off safety switch
Sentry Xpress controller continually monitors the firing so you do not need to closely watch the kiln. (Please remember, however, to check the kiln occasionally during firing and to monitor it near the expected shutoff time.) You can try out a demonstration of the controller on your computer by clicking here.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Paragon Fusion Kilns
- Program up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in Single Speed mode.
- Store up to 4 programs in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold without having to stop the kiln to reprogram. (For instance, you want to skip to the annealing segment.)
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without stopping the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the firing to reprogram.
- Easily control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Program an alarm that will remind you to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln at a time that best suits your busy schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- The sealed touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual.
For more information please contact service at: email@example.com